Local stop smoking services are free, friendly and can massively boost your chances of quitting for good.
These services staffed by expert advisers provide a range of proven methods to help you quit.
They'll give you accurate information and advice, as well as professional support, during the first few months you stop smoking.
Key Messages from Help Me Quit:
- Help Me Quit is the best way to stop smoking
- You are four times more likely to stop smoking with NHS stop smoking support than by going it alone
- Help Me Quit services are part of the NHS, free, effective and tailored to a smokers’ needs
- Help Me Quit recognises that not all smokers are the same and their support needs differ
- Help Me Quit is single point of access for smokers to choose the best stop smoking support for them
Freephone 0808 278 2522 or text HMQ to 80818
Realising you have a problem with alcohol is the first big step to getting help.
You may need help if:
- you often feel the need to have a drink
- you get into trouble because of your drinking
- other people warn you about how much you're drinking
- you think your drinking is causing you problems
A good place to start is with a GP. Try to be accurate and honest about how much you drink and any problems it may be causing you.
If you have become dependent on alcohol, you will have found it difficult to fully control your drinking in some way.
So you'll probably need some help either to cut down and control your drinking or stop completely, and also some plans to maintain the improvement after that.
The GP may suggest different types of assessment and support options available to you, such as from local community alcohol services.
National Gambling Helpline: Providing information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling. We are running additional chat rooms online and are encouraging use of chat and forums to reduce isolation. Advisers are available 24 hours a day on Freephone 0808 8020 133 or via live web chat.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.