New Pathways aims to:
- Provide the best possible range and quality of support services for women, men, children and young people who have experienced trauma or sexual violence, whether recently or in the past.
- Promote education and research into the effects of sexual abuse.
- Raise awareness of sexual violence amongst all sectors of society.
New Pathways’ Vision is ‘A World Without Sexual Violence’.
Eye to Eye Counselling
Telephone: 07541 783767
Eye to Eye Young People’s Counselling Service offers free and confidential counselling to young people aged 10 to 25 years in schools and the community in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
There are occasions when it can be difficult to cope with a problem on your own. It is times like this that counselling may be able to help.
Valleys Steps are running online sessions on Mindfulness & Stress Management. The online sessions are limited to 100 participants per session. Online sessions are delivered in a Webinar format. This means your microphone and camera will be disabled throughout, to help ensure the protection of your privacy.
The sessions are suitable for those aged 16 and above. They are free of charge and will last for an hour approximately.
List of Available Sessions
- Stress Management Workshop
- Mindfulness Session
- Panic and Anxiety Workshop
- Mindfulness: Embracing Kindness and Gratitude
- Sleep Workshop
- NHS Mental wellbeing audio guides - Audio resources to help with anxiety, low mood, trouble sleeping, low confidence and assertiveness, and unhelpful thinking.
- Mind - Provides a range of information and support for different topics including tips for everyday living.
- Mind – elefriends - Elefriends is a supportive online community. It provides safe place to share experiences and listen to others. Elefriends is moderated daily by the Ele handler team from 10am to midnight.
- Mental Health Foundation – Looking after your mental health - A range of content designed to give you more information about mental health and to help you to look after your mental health. They have podcasts, videos, inspiring stories and information about getting help if you're struggling.
- Citizens Advice RCT - A local charity supporting communities, offering free advice money matters, debts and debt relief orders, employment, housing, mental health and welfare benefits.
- Citizens Advice Merthyr Tydfil - Local charity providing support to communities, offering free advice money matters, debts and debt relief orders, employment, housing, mental health and welfare benefits. Webchat available. Advice Line: 0300 3302 121 | Our administration line: 01685 382188
- Hafal - A mental health charity which provides support to those affected by serious mental illness to recover. Telephone: 01792 816 600 / 832 400
- Platfform - A mental health charity providing and promoting information about health and social change.
- New Horizons - A local mental health charity which offers a range of support through creative and social groups across RCT. Telephone: 01685 881113 or 01443 681881
- C.A.L.L. – Community Advice and Listening - Offering free confidential listening and support services. Offers emotional support and information/literature on Mental Health and related matters to the people of Wales. Freephone: 0800132737 Or text HELP to 81066
- Women’s Aid RCT - Providing adults and children affected by domestic abuse with support. Helpline: 0808 80 10 800 | Text: 07860 077 333 | Private message on firstname.lastname@example.org
- DAN 24/7 – Wales Drug and Alcohol Helpline - Dan 24/7 is a free and confidential drugs helpline. Calls from public telephone boxes are free of charge: calls from a mobile phone may incur a charge from your network. Dan 24/7 telephone number will NOT appear on your home itemised bill. Freephone: 0808 808 2234 Or text DAN to: 81066
- Cruse Bereavement Care - The UK’s bereavement charity providing help and support. Free National Helpline on 0808 808 1677
- BEAT - BEAT is for people who experience eating disorders themselves, for people who may be supporting someone through recovery and for people who may be worried about someone - a loved one, friend, relative, pupil, colleague etc. Helpline: 0808 801 0677
- Dementia Free Helpline Wales, 24 hours a day 365 days a year - Offers support, information and agency signposting for anyone diagnosed with dementia or caring for a family member or a friend living with dementia. Freephone: 08088082235 Or Text HELP to 81066
- The Calm Zone - The Calm Zone run a free and confidential helpline and webchat available 7 hours a day, 7 days a week for anyone who needs to talk about life’s problems. Open from 5pm – midnight, 365 days a year. Freephone: 0800 58 58 58 | Webchat
- Anxiety UK - Charity providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition. Phone: 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm)
- Men's Health Forum - 24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email.
- SANE - Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers. SANEline: 0300 304 7000 (daily, 4.30pm to 10.30pm) | Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: www.sane.org.uk/textcare | Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum