Musculoskeletal First Contact Physiotherapy
Musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions are the most common cause of repeat GP appointments, accounting for 20-30% of GP workload in Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB. They account for a high percentage of referrals on to secondary care.
As of 1st September 2020, you will be able to access a Physiotherapist directly at your GP practice for on-the-day appointments, who will deliver first line treatments as clinically indicated; Advice and education, self-management strategies, exercise therapy, injection therapy.
Your Physiotherapist will undertake a clinical assessment and produce a clinically reasoned differential diagnosis to patients who present with musculoskeletal problems e.g. soft tissue injuries, osteoarthritis, problems with muscles or tendons, spinal pain and spinal related pain in arms and legs.
- Adults 16 years of age and over.
- All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains or sports injuries.
- Osteoarthritis of any joint.
- Possible problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone, e.g. Tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, ankle sprains
- Spinal pain including lower back pain, mid back pain and neck pain.
- Spinal-related pain in arms or legs, including nerve symptoms, e.g. pins and needles or numbness.
- Changes to walking
- Acutely unwell
- Chest pain
- Adults/children under 16 years of age.
- Red, hot, swollen joints.
- Medical management of rheumatoid conditions.
- Women’s health, antenatal and postnatal problems.
- House-bound patients.
- Medications reviews.
- Neurological and respiratory conditions.
- Acute mental health crises.
- Patients who do not want to see FCP.
- Widespread multi-joint pain, Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
First Contact Physiotherapy Weekly Rota
|AM||n/a||Cynon Vale Medical Practice
Rhos House Surgery
|Penrhiwceiber Medical Centre||Abercynon Health Centre||Cwmaman Surgery|
|PM||n/a||n/a||n/a||Abercwmboi Medical Centre||n/a|
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.